D as System Language

w0rp via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 31 06:10:08 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 31 March 2015 at 12:45:03 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Tuesday, 31 March 2015 at 00:27:49 UTC, Mike wrote:
>> There was an attempt to create an operating system in D, but
>> it didn't end well.
>> Repository:  https://github.com/klamonte/cycle
>> Critique of D:
>> https://github.com/klamonte/cycle/blob/master/docs/no_more_d.md
>
> Hmm... dunno, I use D for bare metal programming in a sense
> that I control all its behavior and dependencies. Probably the
> only valid point there is about SDC, as it's indeed in very
> early stage of development.

I see this document as positive, and something we should look at.
Whenever someone says, "This software isn't complete because it
doesn't do X properly," you can make the software do X properly.
It would be nice if we could address the valid concerns and get
something for a good common bare metal D runtime or something.