Filling out the wiki - D as a second language

rumbu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 31 15:25:28 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 29 March 2015 at 23:21:20 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> http://wiki.dlang.org/Coming_From
>
> These sections are empty/close to empty:
>
> Ruby / Java / Eiffel / C# / and Basic
>
> I made a small start on the Python section.  It needs more
> concrete side-by-side examples of translating Python idioms
> into D, but that is all I can do for now.

I started some C# to D stuff here:
https://github.com/rumbu13/sharp/blob/master/cstod.md

Unfortunately, I cannot edit directly on wiki.dlang.org since my
account is not confirmed (confirmation e-mail is not sent despite
several attempts).

Anyway, I'm already asking for help from experienced D users to
translate the following concepts in D:

- decimal type
- dynamic types
- volatile
- boxing/unboxing
- multicast delegates
- events
- yield return
- P/Invoke
- async/await
- linq
- runtime reflection
- serialization
- inlining
- weak references
- implicit casting overload
- COM imports
- templated functions override

I'm not asking for solutions (because I know how to implement
them in D), I'm asking for guidance about the best D semantics to
be used instead.