ARM Cortex-M Microcontroller startup files

Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 2 00:10:28 PDT 2015

Am Sat, 02 May 2015 06:40:06 +0000
schrieb "Mike" <none at none.com>:

> On Friday, 1 May 2015 at 06:57:08 UTC, Timo Sintonen wrote:
>

> > I think we should omit moduleinfo totally and so we can not
> > have module constructors. I think pointers to static
> > constructors are available in a certain section that I have not
> > in my link script. Adding this section should make them
> > available.
>
> Whats wrong with module constructors?  Why would C-like
> constructors be preferred?

Module constructors guarantee cycle detection at runtime. This requires
most of ModuleInfo data (imported modules) and quite some runtime code.
Of course we could ignore that requirement but I think the same code
should not behave differently on microcontroller D/normal D.

Bonus point: You can have more than one C-like ctor per module.