ARM Cortex-M Microcontroller startup files

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 2 14:53:41 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 2 May 2015 at 15:15:50 UTC, Jens Bauer wrote:
> Will it be possible to have associative arrays without garbage
> collection ?

You can write an AA container. A RefCounted AA implementation
might allow unsafe escaping though.

> What about dynamic strings and dynamic arrays, don't they need
> GC ?

Same here array slices require a GC to be safe, but one could
implement them like std::vector.

While built-in arrays and AAs are nice to have it's trivial to
replace them with other containers, no need for GC.

I never even needed dynamic memory allocation on a
microcontroller.