compile time garbage collection

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 3 01:34:07 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 3 May 2015 at 08:22:31 UTC, weaselcat wrote:

> there's no guarantee GC allocated memory will _ever_ have their
> destructor ran, it's part of the spec.

That would be very unfortunate, they have to either be called
eventually or never called.  I find no such description in the
"spec":

http://dlang.org/garbage.html

«5. Freeing all GC allocated memory that has no active pointers
to it and do not need destructors to run.

6. Queueing all unreachable memory that needs destructors to run.

7. Resuming all other threads.

8. Running destructors for all queued memory.»