Building DMD on SmartOS

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 3 01:35:58 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 3 May 2015 at 07:04:17 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> I'll finish building phobos and mess around a bit with fixing
> those sections.  I'll let you know if I get it to work.

Alright, increasing the RAM in my VM got phobos to build.
However, linking sample files and the tests still fail because of
that linker issue.

Jason, it appears that you are familiar with the peculiar ELF
linking issues:

https://www.illumos.org/issues/308

I'm uninterested in digging into these ELF binary issues, so it's
all yours, if you want it.  I can verify any fix you come up with
in this zone that's eating up a ton of disk space on my SSD.