std.xml2 (collecting features)

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 3 10:47:14 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 3 May 2015 at 17:39:48 UTC, Robert burner Schadek
wrote:
> std.xml has been considered not up to specs nearly 3 years now.
> Time to build a successor. I currently plan the following
> featues for it:
>
> - SAX and DOM parser
> - in-situ / slicing parsing when possible (forward range?)
> - compile time switch (CTS) for lazy attribute parsing
> - CTS for encoding (ubyte(ASCII), char(utf8), ... )
> - CTS for input validating
> - performance
>
> Not much code yet, I'm currently building the performance test
> suite https://github.com/burner/std.xml2
>
> Please post you feature requests, and please keep the posts DRY
> and on topic.

My request: just skip it.  XML is a horrible waste of space for a
standard, better D doesn't support it well, anything to
discourage it's use.  I'd rather see you spend your time on
something worthwhile.  If data formats are your thing, you could
help get Ludwig's JSON stuff in, or better yet, enable some nice
binary data format.