ARM Cortex-M Microcontroller startup files

Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 3 11:55:02 PDT 2015

Am Sun, 03 May 2015 15:18:40 +0000
schrieb "Martin Nowak" <code at dawg.eu>:

> On Monday, 27 April 2015 at 17:25:50 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> > Since 2.066 the binaries on gdcproject.org are built with
> > crosstool-NG
> > (and an additional D script) in a docker container.
>
> That's interesting, do the Windows binaries have some binary
> dependency on MinGW?

AFAIK no. It only uses standard windows dlls.

> It currently seems that we'd to build ddmd with GDC or LDC to get
> a fast enough compiler. Maybe that would allow us to
> cross-compile release as well.

That should work. However, we only have very basic MinGW support in
GDC. I don't think it can compile a working ddmd but we'll have to make
it work for the windows->arm cross compilers anyway.

> Currently I'm using virtual box with 5 different OSes to build a
> release.

I used one VM and that was already kinda annoying. Docker is really
useful for such build-tasks. (easy to use((not need to setup ssh etc)
reproducible, redistributable, fast & parallelizable)