std.xml2 (collecting features)

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 4 13:44:41 PDT 2015

On Monday, 4 May 2015 at 19:45:18 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> Fast parsing is definitely a killer feature of
>> D and the fact that std.xml botches that so badly is just
>> embarrassing.
>
> To be frank what's more embarrassing is that we managed to do
> nothing about it for years (aside from endlessly wailing about
> it in an a capella ensemble). It's a failure of leadership
> (that Walter and I need to work on) that very many unimportant
> and arguably less interesting areas of Phobos get attention at
> the expense of this one. -- Andrei

Also true. Many of us just don't find enough time to work on D,
and we don't seem to do a good job of encouraging larger
contributions to Phobos, so newcomers don't tend to contribute
like that. And there's so much to do all around that the big
stuff just falls by the wayside, and it really shouldn't.

- Jonathan M Davis