Building DMD on SmartOS

Kai Nacke via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 4 22:42:32 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 3 May 2015 at 16:02:54 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> On Sunday, 3 May 2015 at 15:06:24 UTC, flamencofantasy wrote:
>> Thanks everyone for spending the time on this!
>>
>> I followed the steps and I got to the same point, that is I
>> have built DMD, druntime and phobos successfully but linking
>> fails as pointed out previously.
>>
>> My version of binutils is;
>> binutils-2.24nb3;GNU binary utilities
>
> Same here.  Kai, do we need to get 2.25 or is 2.24 good enough?

Can't tell yet. I crashed my OpenIndiana VM and currently don't
know how to repair it. But: I used the "normal" package
repository and the sfe package repository. Both have a gcc +
binutils and one of them worked.

BTW: You can by-pass the Solaris ld by setting environment
variable LD_ALTEXEC to the ld binary you want to use.

Regards,
Kai