std.xml2 (collecting features)

Marco Leise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 4 23:03:43 PDT 2015

Am Tue, 05 May 2015 02:01:50 +0000
schrieb "weaselcat" <weaselcat at gmail.com>:

> maybe off-topic, but it would be nice if the standard json,xml,
> etc etc all had identical interfaces(except for
> implementation-specific quirks.) This might be something worth
> discussing if it wasn't already agreed upon.

I don't think this needs discussion. It is plain impossible to
have a sophisticated JSON parser and a sophisticated XML
parser share the same API. Established function names,
structural differences in the formats and feature sets differ
to much.
For example in XML attributes and child elements are used
somewhat interchangeably whereas in JSON attributes don't
exist. So while in JSON "obj.field" makes sense in XML you
would want to select either an attribute or an element with
the name "field".

--
Marco