isForwardRange failed to recognise valid forward range

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 5 11:28:11 PDT 2015

On Monday, 4 May 2015 at 15:08:04 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> consistency issues tend to be ignored in D, dunno why. C++
> become popular
> not due to it's weirdness, and make D weird and unintuitive
> will not
> automatically made it popular. i'd say the opposite.

It is a much lesser problem that Phobos is weird than the
language, libraries are easy to fix. But yes, I can't think of a
single non-framework language that has shown growth over a long
period of time without making aesthetics a selling point: Lisp,
Haskell, Ruby, Python… Obviously if people are dealing with ugly
on the job, they want something clean when they get to pick and
choose.

Out of curiosity, did you give up on Aliced now that dmd is
moving to D from C++?