std.xml2 (collecting features)

Brad Roberts via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 5 23:50:38 PDT 2015

An old friend of mine who was intimate with the microsoft xml parsers
was fond of saying, particularly with respect to xml parsers, that if
you hadn't finished implementing and testing error handling and negative
tests (ie, malformed documents) that your positive benchmarks were
fairly meaningless.  A whole lot of work goes into that 'second half' of
things that can quickly cost performance.

I didn't dive or don't recall specific details as this was years ago.

The (over-)generalization from there is an old adage: it's easy to write
an incorrect program.