RFC: Pay-as-you-go, Portable D Runtime for Microcontrollers (and maybe more)

Dan Olson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 7 10:09:20 PDT 2015

"Mike" <none at none.com> writes:
> That did it!  But I thought defaultLib= did the same thing.  Anyway,
> Thanks for all your help, Dan.
>
> I now have support for all 3 compilers porting to 2 different
> platforms (one bare metal microcontroller, one modern OS).  It can't
> do anything more than "Hello, World!", but it's a start :-)

You may not have h/w to test this on, but support for x86_64 OSX could
be added easily. Syscall assembly is same as linux x86_64, just the
syscall # is different:

exit rax=0x2000001
write rax=0x2000004

I just tried in a test D program and it worked. Anyway, probably little
value to have OSX here as a platform. I think interesting platforms will
be no OS, where end user plugs in their write handler to write fd 1,2 to
serial port or to go through gdbstub protocol over serial, or ...
--
Dan