RFC: Pay-as-you-go, Portable D Runtime for Microcontrollers (and maybe more)

Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 7 11:05:17 PDT 2015

Am Thu, 07 May 2015 16:29:50 +0000
schrieb "Jens Bauer" <doctor at who.no>:

> {snip}
> > Every port is in its own branch
>
> In this case, the files must share the same parent directory, in
> order to be updated by a merge with master; correct ?

IIRC it's not always necessary. Git can detect if you moved files or
you can tell git by using git mv. It'll then merge changes into the
moved files as well*. But I wouldn't really want to rely on this
'feature'.

* (in GDC it always tries to merge gcc-4.10.diff
changes into gcc-4.9.diff which never works...)