Breaking changes in Visual C++ 2015

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 8 06:31:37 PDT 2015

On Friday, 8 May 2015 at 08:45:07 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 5/8/2015 1:16 AM, "Ola Fosheim =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?=
> <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>" wrote:
>> And people don't pick a language because of a testing
>> framework…
>
> Which is why I need to point out just how productivity boosting
> -unittest and -cov are.

D unittests can be neat for simpler libraries, but they also make
code harder to browse. Phobos source code clearly suffers from it.

So I'd rather have them separate and have testing-support built
into the IDE instead. I find that cleaner as unit-tests are
actually not part of the semantical language, just part of the D
syntax...

You are probably right that people use them more when they are
"shipped with the product", though. Whether you ship the compiler
or a bundle (IDE).