Sneak preview into std.allocator's porcelain

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 8 13:17:20 PDT 2015

On Friday, 8 May 2015 at 19:54:26 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> I don't know enough about TLS to argue but it strikes me as odd
> that it would be slower than the layers of un-inlinable
> extern(C) calls, going through lifetime.d, gc.d, gcx.d, there
> locking on a global mutex, and allocating memory accordingly to
> a general-purpose GC (vs. specialized allocator).

No it won't, but I'd like us to be compared to state of the art
allocator (jemalloc, java's G1 and so on) rather than the current
thing that we have that is universally recognized as being not
good, to put it nicely.

You want to compare yourself to what the best guy in town are
doing, not the drunk hobo wandering around.