Breaking changes in Visual C++ 2015

weaselcat via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 8 19:23:57 PDT 2015

On Friday, 8 May 2015 at 21:51:24 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> Same things, this is a standard tool nowaday for any language
> worth considering. In fact, even if we had no specific support
> in D for it, C/C++ tooling could probably do it for us to some
> extent.

On this note, I think D is missing out on a lot of opportunities
provided by the LLVM infrastructure. A lot of neat things are
built ontop of LLVM now - for example, nim and rust are taking
advantage of LLVM's emscripten/pnacl support to write web
programs, and Rust is being used for GPU programming by making
use of LLVM's PTX target.

On the D side, AFAIK Calypso is only possible because of LLVM -
but to be fair I haven't really looked at it.