RFC: Pay-as-you-go, Portable D Runtime for Microcontrollers (and maybe more)

Jens Bauer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 9 03:43:36 PDT 2015

On Friday, 8 May 2015 at 02:25:48 UTC, Mike wrote:

> The "ports" folder in this experiment is essentially the
> platform abstraction layer.  However, it's resolved at
> link-time.  What do you suggest:  A reserved module/package
> implementing a standard interface that is imported at
> compile-time?  I could do that.

I'd like to help out (where I can).

As far as I remember, you have a STM32F4xx, correct ?

If we all have the same model STM32F4xx and we all have one or
more different MCUs, we could probably do some initial drafts.
-Because I'm sure there are obstacles we do not think about in
advance.
Testing some drafts on several MCUs in the beginning, will help
us avoid a lot of trouble later on.

I have STM32F407, STM32F427, STM32F429 (I use these regularly).
On the shelf, I have LPC812, LPC1114, LPC1342 (seems to be dead
though), LPC1549 (I don't have any libraries for this one yet),
LPC1751, LPC1768, LPC1788 and LPC4337.
Though I have a few from Freescale, I am not able to
flash-program them, as I have no driver for them in OpenOCD.