Breaking changes in Visual C++ 2015

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 9 13:04:19 PDT 2015

On 5/9/2015 12:30 PM, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> For the sake of argument (and genuine interest).  I'd like to see a
> comparison of DMD coverage versus GDC coverage reporting.  ie: Does
> DMD pick up anything GDC doesn't?  Are there areas where GDC is more
> clearer?

Color reports, html reports, all that is 1%. The largest problem we face with
dmd -cov is simply getting people to use it as a matter of course. I know that
it is not being used pervasively because when I run Phobos unit tests with -cov,
large swaths of code are not tested.

dmd -cov=nn will also cause the generated executable to exit with an error if
the coverage is below nn%. I'd like this to be part of the the autotester so
that backsliding can be detected automatically, but that's not on dmd, it's on
how the test suite is put together and scripted.