Header Files

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 9 18:31:20 PDT 2015

On 05/09/2015 06:18 PM, bitwise wrote:

 > I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but my point is, that as is,
 > this feature of DMD is broken.

Arguably broken but compared to other tools it behaves in the same way.

 > If people are successfully using dmd -H right now, they must not be
 > using packages, or their 'package.di' files would be overwritten. So I'm
 > wondering if I should do a PR to fix this.

The same can be said for gcc and other tools as well and it is not
limited to package.d: any two files with the same name would have the
same problem, meaning that the particular build system that puts those
unrelated files in the same directory is in error, not the compiler.

The way I see it, the right solution is to provide correct paths to dmd
for each file.

Ali