Tuple assignment

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 10 01:07:27 PDT 2015

On Sat, 2015-05-09 at 13:07 -0700, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> […]
> It probably depends on the compiler. The way to find out is to look
> at the
> generated assembler.

<pedant-mode>assembly language file, not assembler (which is the
program to do the transformation)</pedant-mode>

ldc2 and gdc have options to write the assembly language file, maybe I
am missing it but dmd appears not to advertise such an option.

> Tuples are implemented as structs. I know that ldc is capable of
> slicing structs
> into register-sized pieces and optimizing them independently, dmd
> does not. So
> ldc would very possibly generate the kind of code for that that
> you'd like.

I shall investigate with gdc as well as ldc. Though, sadly, whilst gdc
is in Debian it is not in Fedora. :-(

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk