Sneak preview into std.allocator's porcelain

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 10 20:37:20 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 7 May 2015 at 02:28:45 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> http://erdani.com/d/phobos-prerelease/std_experimental_allocator_porcelain.html

On the face of it, it's doing roughly what I expected, though the
devil's in the details, and it's likely taking care of quite a
few things that I hadn't thought of. I was surprised to see that
arrays didn't just use make, but on further inspection, I would
guess that it was just easier to have a separate makeArray due to
differences in arguments, since otherwise, you'd need to muck
around with make's auto ref parameters to make sure that they
lined up with the parameters that makeArray currently expects
when make was instantiated with an array and give an error
otherwise, and makeArray makes the parameters clear in the
signature.

- Jonathan M Davis