Breaking changes in Visual C++ 2015

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 11 03:36:17 PDT 2015

On Monday, 11 May 2015 at 08:18:54 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2015-05-10 10:12, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>
>> Those are really the only ones that I've ever thought made
>> sense, and in
>> several cases, the things that folks want are things that I
>> very much
>> _don't_ want (e.g. continuing to execute a unittest block
>> after an
>> assertion failure).
>
> I don't think most of us want that. What we (I) want is for
> _other_ unit test blocks to run after an assertion failure. I
> also believe all unit test blocks should be completely
> independent of each other.

Well, for some of the discussions on parallelized unit tests,
that would be required, and it's certainly good practice in
general, but there's nothing currently stopping folks from
writing unittest blocks which rely on what occurred in previous
unit test blocks, and there are rare circumstances where it makes
sense.

Hopefully, we can get to the point that druntime is able to run
tests in parallel and then we can use attributes to mark
parallelizable unittest blocks to control it.

- Jonathan M Davis