std.xml2 (collecting features)

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 11 08:39:43 PDT 2015

On Monday, 11 May 2015 at 15:20:12 UTC, Alex Parrill wrote:
> Can we please not turn this thread into an XML vs JSON flamewar?

This is not a flamewar, JSON is ad hoc and I use it a lot, but it
isn't actually suitable as a file and archival exchange format.
It is important that people understand what the point of XML is
in order to build something useful.

Full XML support and tooling is very valuable for typed GC-backed
batch processing. That means namespaces, entities, XQuery
equivalents, DOMs etc

A library backed tooling pipeline would be a valuable asset for
D. The value is not in _reading_ or _writing_ XML. The value is
all about providing a framework for structured grammar/namespace
based _processing_ and _transforms_.