DLL symbol identity

Piotrek via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 11 13:22:14 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 10 May 2015 at 19:27:03 UTC, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
> Does nobody have a opinion on this?

Sorry for being an extreme noob in the matter.

Probably, only Manu fought with Windows dlls for real.
As a user I would say I want short startup times as I
change/execute the active application *very* often. However I'm
not sure I hit HDD seek time penalty or the system loader
activity.

TBH I think Linux is more sleepy which I don't like (but again,
this may be prefetch problem, I don't know).

And by maintenance overhead for 1st option you mean explicit
handling in library source code? Isn't it the job for
compiler/linker?

Piotrek