dmd build instructions from source don't work anymore

Timothee Cour via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 11 21:38:29 PDT 2015

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 8:35 PM, Daniel Murphy via Digitalmars-d <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

>  "Timothee Cour via Digitalmars-d" <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote in
>> message > news:mailman.875.1431359641.4581.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
>> note, that this seems to be only happening on master:
>> if I checkout another tag (git checkout v2.067.1-b1 or any other I've
>> tried) it builds fine.
>> So it must be a very recent regression
>>

> It's not a regression.  Shortly after 2.067 was released, dmd got the new
> requirement of a host D compiler to build.  You can explicitly set which
> compiler to use by setting the HOST_DC environment variable.  If you also
> want to build ddmd, then 2.067 is recommended as it is known to work on all
> autotester platforms.  In posix.mak HOST_DC defaults to 'dmd' which will
> correctly pick up a dmd installation in path, as long as you don't have a
> sc.ini file in the dmd src dir.

I still think it is a regression.
I did have dmd (2.067) in the path, see the whole thread for my
diagnostic:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/mailman.861.1431333078.4581.digitalmars-d@puremagic.com#post-mailman.878.1431365007.4581.digitalmars-d:40puremagic.com
(cf message 'I had 'export'...)