D looses in speed to Common Lisp

anonymous via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 12 02:44:53 PDT 2015

On Monday, 11 May 2015 at 23:32:48 UTC, Dzhon Smit wrote:
> Could you re-run sbcl?  The first time it runs it creates
> fasls, and afterwards it reuses them.  Probably you shouldn't
> include the compile time for dmd either.

Sure thing. I think that wasn't the first run already. But to
make sure, I just ran it all again. The D version here is the
original you posted.

----
$ time sbcl --dynamic-space-size 4GB --script fib.lisp
0

real    0m3.181s
user    0m1.814s
sys     0m0.459s

$ time sbcl --dynamic-space-size 4GB --script fib.lisp
0

real    0m2.256s
user    0m1.828s
sys     0m0.423s