Shouldn't assert declarations be seen in documentation?

tcak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 12 03:40:47 PDT 2015

I am developing a web server - web application system, and it is
going to be running on a small system that has 256MB memory at
maximum. Hence, I tried to use every bit of memory without
wasting, and used align(1) on a struct type. Because it is used
as shared, and its internal variables are updated in time,
core.atomic.atomicOp is being used. Until today, whenever I tried
to update variables with atomicOp, running thread was basically
returning from that point like nothing happened. After long
debugging, I finally saw that thread has given AssertError with a
line number. There wasn't any information about what was going
on. I went to core.atomic file, and found out that (not on the
given line number), variables should be properly aligned to use
atomicOp.