Shouldn't assert declarations be seen in documentation?

tcak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 12 04:02:47 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 12 May 2015 at 10:58:08 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
> On 12/05/2015 10:40 p.m., tcak wrote:
>> I am developing a web server - web application system, and it
>> is going
>> to be running on a small system that has 256MB memory at
>> maximum. Hence,
>> I tried to use every bit of memory without wasting, and used
>> align(1) on
>> a struct type. Because it is used as shared, and its internal
>> variables
>> are updated in time, core.atomic.atomicOp is being used. Until
>> today,
>> whenever I tried to update variables with atomicOp, running
>> thread was
>> basically returning from that point like nothing happened.
>> After long
>> debugging, I finally saw that thread has given AssertError
>> with a line
>> number. There wasn't any information about what was going on.
>> I went to
>> core.atomic file, and found out that (not on the given line
>> number),
>> variables should be properly aligned to use atomicOp.
>
> Just out of interest, is said web server meant to be comparable
> to e.g. Apache httpd?

Yes. Web server and application are running separately. Web
server is parsing request message, and by using host, determining
which web application to route the request. Web application gets
the request, does extra parsing like query, path, cookies, etc.
and sends response message back to web server, and it sends those
messages back to client.

I am using shared memory, and named pipe for these to be able to
increase performance as high as possible. Thus, it is relies on
Posix and my mostly my own library codes.