Thoughts about the ideal programming language

Dennis Ritchie via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 14 04:35:36 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 14 May 2015 at 06:02:37 UTC, thedeemon wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 May 2015 at 18:59:42 UTC, Dennis Ritchie wrote:
>>http%3A%2F%2Fhabrahabr.ru%2Fpost%2F257875%2F
>
> Just some usual C++ critique and very vague basic principles
> about having a core language with some extensions and library
> support, nothing constructive or informative really.

The author develops his own ideal programming language and is
based on his tongue D. Actually, currently the best candidate for
the common languages - this is D, which proves this article.

"I agree completely. I among evernote-notes, where I keep the
idea of ​​the differences in programming languages, rather big
section is dedicated IDE; the design language to take into
account a bunch of IDE (in particular, the syntax of the language
should be structured in such a way that it is convenient to work
avtokompilitu, Tree Builder classes and other tools IDE, which
should work "on the fly"); I did point out specific
recommendations to the IDE, by organizing projects, etc., which
are usually in the language is not included. And one of the first
things with which I began experimenting with my compiler (fork D)
- is to write a simple IDE for Qt and do visualizer AST (and then
will visualizers all transformations within the compiler, up to
the code generator). That is not only to use the compiler, but
even without it razrarabyvat GUI uncomfortable."