Breaking changes in Visual C++ 2015

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 14 08:58:36 PDT 2015

On 14 May 2015 at 17:40, Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> Am Thu, 14 May 2015 15:00:32 +0000
> schrieb "Victor" <victor.v.carvalho at gmail.com>:
>
>> I think that besides all problems D have, the only one that
>> mattered most and never was fixed was proper ARM support.
>
> "proper arm support" depends on your definition of "arm support". GDC
> supports ARM/GLibc/Linux just as well as X86/GlibC/Linux. Only
> ARM/Android, ARM/iOS and ARM/BareMetal are not supported. That's more
> an OS than processor architecture thing though.

We still have one disrepency in runtime though (LTR vs. RTL):
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/4035

I say that, however, there are infact two discrepencies (this exists
on GDC x86 vs DMD x86):
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/3670

I'll be happy the day DMD stops using it's own (non-conforming to spec) ABI.

Iain.