Building DMD on SmartOS

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 17 12:36:52 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 5 May 2015 at 15:41:47 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> On Tuesday, 5 May 2015 at 05:42:33 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
>> BTW: You can by-pass the Solaris ld by setting environment
>> variable LD_ALTEXEC to the ld binary you want to use.
>
> Thanks for the tip: I set that to the binutils ld and got
> almost all of druntime's tests to pass with a 64-bit binary.  I
> only had to comment out the additional druntime tests having to
> do with exceptions.  Maybe that's related to the link error
> flamencofantasy pasted.
>
> I also tried running the phobos unit tests, but I got a ton of
> link errors, seemingly for stuff that should be there.  I'll
> let someone else track those down.

Before I chuck this large SmartOS VM on my external backup, I
thought I'd take another shot at getting the phobos tests
running.  Turned out to be pretty easy and I started hacking
around the test failures until it got too tedious, when the
std.path tests wouldn't run because "Memory allocation failed."
Here's the last patch I used:

https://gist.github.com/joakim-noah/6094789851ba1db1170b

Some notes:

- I disabled the tests for std.datetime and std.parallelism in
the test runner because they were both failing somewhere.
- All it took to get the phobos test runner linked was to add all
the additional necessary libraries that curl needed on Solaris to
posix.mak.
- getcwd will not accept a zero size on Solaris.
- Solaris seems to have similar issues to Android with formatting
NaN and hex in std.format.