D for Android

Dan Olson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 18 07:30:53 PDT 2015

"Joakim" <dlang at joakim.fea.st> writes:

> I just checked last week and the recent Android NDK's gcc has emulated
> TLS enabled by default, while the same C/C++ source employing TLS
> __thread and compiled with the NDK's clang will segfault because it
> doesn't have emulated TLS.  Emulated TLS wasn't added to the NDK's gcc
> by google either: it appears to have just slipped in from upstream,
> which is perhaps why they seem to be unaware that it works for one
> compiler in the NDK and not the other.
>
> Let the llvm guys know of this disparity, and I'm sure they'll be up
> for remedying it.

Just out of curiosity, shouldn't GDC then be better suited for Android
than LDC? LDC works well with iOS only because Apple contributes to
LLVM.

Later, mid-summer perhaps, I plan to get both iOS and Android arm64
devicse so will be joining in the effort. I have too much other stuff
going on now though outside of D-Land and have to stick to little D
projects that won't vacuum away an afternoon.
--
Dan