D for Android

Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 18 09:46:27 PDT 2015

Am Mon, 18 May 2015 15:47:06 +0000
schrieb "Joakim" <dlang at joakim.fea.st>:

>  However,
> the gdc guys trying to use gcc's emulated TLS have reported
> problems getting it working with the GC.  Maybe that's since been
> fixed, but that's the last I heard.

We've fixed that in the meantime, emulated TLS is working fine. The
main problem is making the GC fast with emulated TLS. For now we've
implemented a slower but 100% correct solution which scans every
TLS variable in every thread separately. (GCCs emutls doesn't use
contiguous memory).

But IIRC to get a 2x collection slowdown compared to
native TLS you need 10_000s of TLS variables and many threads, so it
probably doesn't matter.