Who's HTML-fu is strong?

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 19 13:07:10 PDT 2015

On 5/19/15 11:57 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Tuesday, 19 May 2015 at 16:14:29 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> At least for the ddoc-based documentation, I think this is a CSS-only
>> matter. Any takers?
>
>  From a quick look, I think this will require changes in DMD Ddoc
> generation (to distinguish enums from other nested constructs), site
> .ddoc changes (to take advantage of the compiler changes and emit HTML
> tables instead of lists), and possibly CSS.

I wonder whether a style can change an otherwise non-table tag to a
table-like behavior. Here's the verbatim fragment generated for
OpenRight (no broken lines at http://pasted.co/17dbcc83):

====
$(DDOC_DECL
   $(DDOC_ANCHOR OpenRight)enum $(DDOC_PSYMBOL OpenRight): int;
)
$(DDOC_DECL_DD
   $(DDOC_SECTIONS
     $(DDOC_SUMMARY Interval option specifier for $(D until) (below) and
others.)
   )
   $(DDOC_ENUM_MEMBERS
     $(DDOC_DECL $(DDOC_ANCHOR OpenRight.no)$(DDOC_PSYMBOL no))
     $(DDOC_DECL_DD
       $(DDOC_SECTIONS
         $(DDOC_SUMMARY Interval is closed to the right (last element
included))
       )
     )
     $(DDOC_DECL $(DDOC_ANCHOR OpenRight.yes)$(DDOC_PSYMBOL yes))
     $(DDOC_DECL_DD
       $(DDOC_SECTIONS
         $(DDOC_SUMMARY Interval is open to the right (last element is
not included))
       )
     )
   )
)
====

The challenge is defining DDOC_ENUM_MEMBERS (which right now is the same
as DDOC_MEMBERS in such a way that achieves the better formatting.

Andrei