shared libs for OSX

bitwise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 20 18:31:36 PDT 2015

On Wed, 20 May 2015 17:35:37 -0400, bitwise <bitwise.pvt at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 20 May 2015 at 18:53:30 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> On 2015-05-20 16:44, bitwise wrote:
>>> I tried using a shared library for OSX yesterday. I opened it with
>>> dlopen, retrieved my extern(C) function, and called it. All was well,
>>> and it seemed to work(wrote to the console with writeln).
>>>
>>> But, I got a message in the console saying shared libraries were not
>>> yet
>>> implemented for OSX. What exactly is it that's not working?
>>
>> TLS, module constructors, module/class info, perhaps the GC, similar
>> things.
>
> Heh.. That's pretty useless. Any idea on the state of things? Like if
> there are plans to support this in the near future(few months)? I
> couldn't find many conversations on this. This kinda-totally ruins my
> plans(on OSX at least).

I've been reading over all the bugs and conversations I can find, but I'm
still confused about exactly what's going on here.

What I need:
-load a dynamic library on OSX using dlopen or Runtime.loadLibrary
-use dlsym to retrieve my functions and set up a gc proxy
-pull interfaces of classes defined in the dynamic library into my program
for use.

Not sure how much of this is working properly or not.

I'd be willing to throw a couple of bucks at this for a bounty, but I'm
not sure how much it's worth though.
Any takers for $25? ;)

   Bit