Uphill

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 22 10:01:59 PDT 2015

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 04:00:28PM +0000, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Friday, 22 May 2015 at 14:11:49 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> >+1, finally, something other than the usual bickering on the forum.
> >;-)
>
> LOL. Don't worry. I'm sure that someone will come along and start
> griping about something soon.
>
> :(
>
> Joking aside, we do seem to frequently have the problem that what we
> have is good enough that folks expect it to be perfect and thus start
> complaining about how we don't do something well enough when we
> actually do it better than most anyone else. D certainly isn't perfect
> - and we _do_ have areas to improve upon - but we what we do have is
> pretty darn awesome.
[...]

Agreed, D does have its warts and dark corners, but overall it's
extremely awesome. I just can't bring myself to starting new projects in
any other language these days (unless I get paid to do it, of course).
D has totally wrecked my life, and it's all yall's fault!! j/k

Why have vacation when you can work?? -- EC