Uphill

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 25 09:14:49 PDT 2015

On Mon, 25 May 2015 16:59:48 +0200, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d wrote:

> On 25 May 2015 09:45, "ketmar via Digitalmars-d" <
> digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 25 May 2015 00:24:26 +0200, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d
>> wrote:
>>
>> > I find the situation being like at university looking for grants or
>> > funding, and constantly being told. 'Oh yes, it is important what
>> > you are doing, and you must keep doing it as it is pivotal for future
>> > success.  But no, we won't help you.'
>>
>> that's 'cause GCC is untameable beast for average Joe like me, for
>> example. ;-)
>
> Both have equal complexity, so that is no excuse.  DMD just operates at
> a lower level, on a smaller scale, and forces you to think about the
> effect on generated object code.

i'm afraid that they doesn't have equal complexity. i can read DMD code
(ok, even backend, it's hard, but doable), but i cannot read GCC backend
code in the same amount of time. and there are alot more things i have to
know to understand GDC. i made some trivial fixes in DMD backend, yet i
don't even know where to start to understand at least *something* in GCC.