D for Android

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 25 13:08:47 PDT 2015

On Monday, 18 May 2015 at 15:47:07 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> Sure, have fun with your new devices. :) Hopefully, I'll get
> Android/ARM working before then, but I don't and won't have any
> AArch64 devices to test.  Not that it matters, as 64-bit ARM
> has even less share than x86 right now.

Earlier this week, I stumbled across a way to get TLS working
with ldc for Android/ARM, similar to the approach used for
Android/x86 so far.  Exception-handling on ARM for ldc is
currently unfinished
(https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/489), so if I
disable a handful of tests related to that, I get 36 of 42
druntime modules' unit tests and around 31 of 70 phobos modules'
unit tests to pass.  All tests were run from the command line on
my Android tablet.  It appears there are issues related to
unicode and the GC causing many of the remaining failures.