DIP78 - macros without syntax extensions

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 27 01:06:32 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 27 May 2015 at 06:54:56 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> I'm not sure how this is different for DIP50. I can see the
> obvious differences in the syntax how to declare a macro and so
> on. But otherwise they look very similar.

I believe 78 allows a simpler implementation and requires less
changes to the language, though I'm not sure if frontend can get
it done on a purely semantical level: similar techniques like
mixins and static if rely on syntax. Maybe a macro should be
called with a special syntax, e.g. myAssert!(a==b);