DMD Symbol Reference Analysis Pass

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 27 01:38:47 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 27 May 2015 at 08:30:33 UTC, Marc Schütz wrote:
> See above. Conceptually, you can of course treat it as if it
> were marked with `scope`, but an actual annotation should not
> be necessary.

But now you're talking about an upcoming feature in DMD, right?

AFAIK, in current DMD, I can't get any help in avoiding patterns
such as

     char[] saved_line;
     foreach (line; File("foo.txt").byLine)
     {
         saved_line = line; // should give error
     }

Right?

Are you saying that adding DMD support for qualifying `line` as
`scope` is not the right way to solve this problem?