Signals

Robbin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 27 09:08:28 PDT 2015

I'm using nanomsg to communicate between various components
(actually distributed across a number of computers) and my main
event loops are waiting for a message.  The reads are
encapsulated in a class, so I guess I'll change from a recv to a
poll and add a second channel to communicate when it is time to
die.  In the signal handler I can send a message and in the
class, send a std.signal to end the thread and then clean up the
main loop and exit.  nn_poll is a c routine, so I should work
comfortably in the handler.

I wish there was a more direct way to do this.  Signals are a
bread and butter aspect of the Linux architecture.  I guess
mangling is at the root of the problem.

Thank you.