std.database

Erik Smith via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 27 22:14:18 PDT 2015

> Table a, b, c;
>
> con.insert!Table(a);
>
> if you use CTFE to create the statement string there is no
> reason to reuse it.
> it will be string literal, that's even better! Think Big. Think
>
> the other code is Java not D

The statement reuse with binding is primarily for performance and
is important for many use cases.

I get that it looks like Java, but that's because it's wrapping
around the familiar constructs of a database client API that
similar across languages.   Also, I think has the potential to be
much better than JDBC with the deterministic resource management,
variadic functions, and higher performance.

An independent query generation / ORM layer would be a nice
complement though.

erik