Uphill

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 28 01:55:57 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 27 May 2015 at 19:35:35 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> On Wed, 27 May 2015 13:23:16 +0000, Paulo  Pinto wrote:
>
>> Only when I can sell D to customers that put money into this
>> kind of
>> stuff
>
> if customers are deciding which technologies to use... ok then,
> they can
> do their work without my help, 'cause they are so knowledgeable.

It's funny that people spend millions on technologies that makes
mediocre or crap languages better, but they would never invest in
something like D, because they dread the investment. I think it's
because D doesn't have a price tag attached to it. "If it's for
free, it must be sh*t", I often hear people say. Maybe we should
have a D Enterprise Edition (DEE) and sell it for $1,000. Believe
me, people would take to it like ducks take to water.