Why aren't you using D at work?

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 29 01:57:45 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 28 May 2015 at 17:22:21 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 5/28/15 8:38 AM, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> * Forceinline.
>
> Thanks for initiating this! The lack of a means to force
> inlining has been unpleasant at Facebook as well. It would be
> great if we got this (and of course other items on the list)
> rolling. -- Andrei

Yes, likely, unlikely, forceinline, and noinline are important
tools.
You should already be able to use PGO which gives the compiler
real statistics about your program and is good for a 5-10%
speedup.
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/4651