is there any reason to use SuperFastHash in druntime? (except speed)

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 29 02:36:22 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 28 May 2015 at 03:09:07 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> i think
> that there is some sense in trading some speed for better
> distribution.
> what do you think?

We discussed most part of this already.
http://forum.dlang.org/post/mff4id$hj8$1@digitalmars.com

And we're already using MurmurHash3 for the new CTFEable hash
function.
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/blob/master/src/core/internal/hash.d

Though I don't get any feedback for the library AA.
http://forum.dlang.org/post/mjsma6$196h$1@digitalmars.com

> and i believe that people that care about performance will roll
> their own
> hash functions anyway

Anyone will use the built-in hash, performance is of utmost
importance.

> [2] http://code.google.com/p/fast-hash/

It's called fast hash, but how fast is it?