dmd makes D appear slow

weaselcat via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 29 20:36:21 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 30 May 2015 at 03:24:45 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:

> Both you and ketmer are evil.
> I'm liking these ideas...
>
> Now we just need some pretty and nice packages for e.g. Windows
> for ldc with debugger full support and we will be good.
> Last time I looked llvm still needs a lot of work for Windows
> unfortunately. It may be time to direct some people to help
> them out ;)

LDC seemed to work for the author of the blog on windows after
fixing a path issue. After a quick look in the LDC NG, it seems
to be mostly(?) working.

It feels like GDC/LDC are fragmented from the main D community
which isn't good due to an already not-so-large community.
Outside of manually going to check their issue trackers it's hard
to know what's going on with them.

Bye,