Why aren't you using D at work?

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 30 19:27:34 PDT 2015

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 02:17:59PM +1200, Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 31/05/2015 11:37 a.m., Danni Coy via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> >The Standard Library. I want to use D so I can do more with less
> >hours writing code and less hours debugging code. Having a high
> >quality standard library really helps this - unfortunately for me the
> >first thing I needed from the standard library was xml parsing, which
> >the documentation tells me is sub par and will be replaced in the
> >near future, There is no indication of what I might like to use
> >instead. Do I now use one of the other xml libraries floating around,
> >bind a C based one or roll my own. All this eats into the efficiency
> >that I am gaining by virtue of D being a really nice language.
> >

> Ahh std.xml, it's been that way for years.
> We NEED to get that replaced. Although don't hold your breath :/

What we *really* need, like almost everything else in D, is for somebody
to get sufficiently provoked by the sorry state of the current std.xml
to write something better and push it through the review process. Until
then, further discussion is unlikely to make any difference.

Famous last words: I *think* this will work...