Progress on Adam Wilson's Graphics API?

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 30 22:17:26 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 31 May 2015 at 04:46:51 UTC, lobo wrote:
> Again, I wonder why would you reimplement what you get from
> libpng?

I've actually had people ask me what magic I did with my png.d
because it often generates smaller files than libpng. It is
easier to use an leaving out unnecessary bits made it faster and
more efficient! (for our use cases, the full lib is surely useful
for other cases)

The thing with those libraries is they do everything, which makes
them bigger and more complex. There's a place for that, sure, but
it isn't necessarily better.

> As for libcurl, well if a pure D curl impl is written for
> Phobos it will be 100s to 1000s of additional LOC that require
> testing and maintaining.

Fun fact: curl is actually pretty buggy... and a pain to use too.
I like it and use it for a lot of things, but I also replaced it
(and again, like with the png, a lot of the things it does aren't
necessary for me anyway)